It can be so hard to find desserts that fit all your specific dietary requirements as well as still tasting good. However, if you're gluten free, dairy free, vegan or just in the mood for dessert, look no further because these Raw Chocolate Raspberry Slices!
RAW CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SLICE
(GF, DF, Vegan)
- 500g pitted medjool dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 mins to soften).
- 1 cup natural almond meal
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Blend in food processor until ingredients form a thick paste.
- Double line a ~20 x 20 baking tin with baking paper.
- Press the mixture evenly in to the bottom of the tin. Use back of a spoon dipped in water to press it down neatly.
- Place flat in freezer to set.
Raspberry cream filling:
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 cup raw macadamia halves
- 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries (not necessary but gives nice colour)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Blend until forms a smooth thick purée.
- Pour and spread evenly over entire base.
- Return to freezer to set.
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 7 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mix cacao, coconut and maple syrup until we’ll combined.
- Spread evenly over raspberry layer.
- Place in fridge or freezer to set.
- Cut in to small squares to serve. Store in freezer.