Nothing is more enticing than a house filled with the aroma of baking chocolate. These are the easiest and yummiest chocolate brownies! This recipe can be thrown together, in and out of the oven within 45 minutes with only one bowl to clean.
- 200 g butter unsalted
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 100 dark choc chips
- 100 white choc chips
- (Optional: 200gm of chopped walnuts or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- While oven is heating, slowly melt the butter on your stovetop.
- Combine cocoa, brown sugar and vanilla into the melted butter.
- Remove from stove and sift flour into the butter mixture.
- Incorporate eggs and make sure the mixture is well combined
- Finally add choc chips.
- If using nuts then combine them into mixture.
- Pour into greased 20cm square baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes until just set or when moist crumbs stick to skewer.
- Set aside to cool or if you're impatient...eat warm!