Breakfast Bagel by Rustique Boulangerie
Rustique Boulangerie’s Multiseed Breakfast Bagel
Making bagels from scratch is easy and extremely rewarding, it just takes a little time. It's super delicious and a must-try!
Ingredients (Makes 6 bagels):
370g Bakers Flour
3g Dry Yeast
200ml water @ 20⁰c
27g Maple Syrup
30g Maple Syrup
- In mixing bowl with a hook attachment mix the flour, salt, yeast, water and maple syrup on a slow speed for 2 mins so all the ingredients combine and form a dough. Continue mixing on a fast speed until the dough becomes smooth, shiny and is around 26⁰c.
- Next take the dough and divide into 6 x 100g pieces and shape into round balls and let them rest on a floured surface.
- After 20 mins take each dough ball and roll into a long strand around 20cm. Connect the two ends together around your hand and roll to make a ring.
- Place your bagels on a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and leave covered in a warm area for about 2-2.5 hrs or when your bagels have doubled in size.
- Pre heat your oven to 230⁰c
- In a pot place all the ingredients for the poaching liquid and bring to the boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling place the bagels in the pot and poach each side for 30-45 seconds.
- Take the bagels out of the poaching liquid and put them into a container with a mixture of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, linseed, poppy seed and oats. Place the bagels back on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-18 mins until golden brown.
To make the Bagels:
- Once your bagels have slightly cooled cut them in half.
- On each half of the bagel spread a generous amount of cream cheese. Then starting from the bottom; layer avocado, sliced tomato, a fried egg, spinach, Danish fetta, drizzle with hollandaise sauce and finish with a pinch of Alfalfa Sprouts
- Place the top halve of the bagel on the top and you’re done.